Grace Baptist Church is an exciting and powerful place of worship where Jesus Christ is the center and focus of our ministry. Our church has a wonderful variety of people who will greet you with warm smiles and make you feel right at home no matter who you are or where you've been.
We are a very active and growing church with many exciting ministry opportunities. Our guests are invited to jump right in and connect with the many growing Sunday School classes, ministries for all ages, as well as, all other church outings and activities. The entire focus for Grace Baptist Church is to have compassion for people and make a difference in their lives. We want people to have a permanent relationship with Jesus Christ and see them begin to know God in a deep and personal way.
At Grace Baptist Church, we believe that The Bible, in the King James Version, is the infallible, inerrant and preserved Word of God. It is plenarily and verbally inspired by God and written by men that He chose especially to record it. It is our guide book for faith and practice in this life.
God is triune (one God in three persons); namely, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. God is the Creator of heaven and earth. Man is the direct act of creation by God. Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate, virgin-born Son, took on human flesh to shed His Blood on Calvary’s cross for the salvation of mankind from sin. He was buried and rose bodily on the third day. He ascended into heaven and will return one day to rapture all believers into heaven. The Holy Spirit indwells all believers and guides and instructs them through the Word of God. There is a literal heaven to gain and a literal hell to shun.
Salvation is based on a personal recognition of sin and complete faith (reliance) upon the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the salvation of the soul.
For a full statement of faith please contact us at email@example.com.
Dr. Dewayne Jowers, Pastor
Dr. Dewayne Jowers has been a faithful shepherd of Grace Baptist Church for over 20 years. His dedication to and teaching of the Word of God are truly Holy Spirit led as well as his desire to see people come to know Christ and glorify Him. He serves with his wife, Lisa, who is a secretary to Grace Christian Academy. Both Pastor Dewayne and Sister Lisa can be described as no less than truly hard working and faithful servants of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grant Dawson, Choir Director
Bro. Grant (Casey) is very excited for opportunities to serve God. He uses his talents to lead worship with a contagious joy. Come and see how wonderful worship can be when Jesus is the focus!
Jonathan Jowers, Outreach
How To know Jesus Christ as Your Savior
There are 4 facts you must understand:
1. You are a sinner.
- Romans 3:23 , "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
- Romans 3:10 , "For there is none righteous, no not one."
Being a sinner is admitting you have broken God's law. Have you ever told a lie? Of course, everyone has. How many lies must you tell to be a liar? Only 1! Ask yourself the same question for the remaining commandments. You will quickly see the truth in Romans 3:23.
2. As a sinner, you owe a sin debt.
- Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
"Wages" means payment. There is a cost for sin. "Death" means "separation" [from God].
Physical death = the soul and body are separated (Hebrews 9:27)
Spiritual death = God and the soul are separated
Jesus suffered this separation from God for us on the cross!
3. Jesus Christ died to pay your sin debt.
- Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
"Commendeth" means to put on display as to entice. Imagine a store window in a shopping mall and the display put in that window by the store manager. The manager puts his best on display in hopes of enticing you into the store. God did exactly the same by giving us his best - Christ - and all the while we were at our most unlovable!
Jesus suffered the torments of Hell for you to pay your sin debt:
- "I thirst" = torment of flames
- Dark over the Earth = Outer darkness
- My God, My God ... = Separation from God (Hebrews 2:9)
4. You must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Acts 16:30-31, "And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
- Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Three Aspects of Belief
- The head - mind, academic. Knowing and understanding the facts or the truth about the way to Heaven.
- The heart - conviction of the Holy Spirit.
- The will - choice, surrender, volition. The choice of Jesus Christ over your sin. (Acts 20:21)
If you have accepted Jesus Christ by asking Him to forgive you of your sins and be your personal Lord and Savior, please let us know by contacting the church office at (904) 266-9532! We would love to talk to you and celebrate with you.